Tuesday 27 December 2011

My Hair

source: brotherpeackmaker.wordpress.com


I have never been a hair girl. I don't have any idea how to take care of it and I think the only time I had nice hair was in year 13. Relaxed hair, natural, weave, pick n drop you name it. It always goes wrong...

After watching the documentary black hair by Chris Rock, I decided never to use relaxer in my hair. There's a part in the documentary where correct me if I am wrong a coke can is put in some relaxer or is it sodium hydroxide and the can is completely eaten up by the stuff .


I couldn't get the video I wanted so here is the link 


I've been thinking about going natural for a year now. I am in a transition state. I stopped relaxing my hair last year in June. And I will be chopping my hair of come spring... My decision was ruled by the fact that my hair was falling out anyway. Relaxers where just not working out.

Come March I will be cutting my hair and my quest for natural beauty will begin. I have been researching on this believe me. I have watched countless you tube videos. Read countless blog posts. I will be trying out different things on my hair. I know a little bit about where i was going wrong with my hair care regime * I didn't have one to be quite honest*

Hopefully I will be documenting my hair journey. I hope i can learn a lot for this experience. Might even get locks in a few years who knows?

Wish me luck ....

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow good luck! As long as you view your "natural hair journey" as a learning experience and more importantly have FUN with it, you will be fine!

    cutekinks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you <3 I am so excited... will check out ur blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks love! Hope you find it helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was thinking about going off relaxers, good luck :)

    annabeeeh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been transitioning for almost a year. While it is hard work my hair is soooo much healthier. I'm definitely going to be tuned in to your journey. Maybe we can help each other along the way :)

    xoxo
    Jillian
    NuSophisticate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my journey has been long and hard.. I am so lazy with all this hair care business. I'm just one of those people who don't like oil and sparys in their hair....

      Delete
  6. I have long hair, but I don't know how to do anything with it. #fashionbloggerfail


    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww honey. I am sure you will figure something out. Im struggling as well :'(

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to read my work. I love hearing from you guys so please feel free to leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Followers