Thursday 11 October 2012

Let's talk about :anger

Anger is something we all have to deal with at one point in our lives. From short bursts of anger to rages that take time to brew. Short bursts of anger all the time can be damaging for you as an individual because they can lead to violence; my advice would be to realise what triggers these outbursts and figure out the best way to deal with them. I personally have found that God is my most effective medicine. Now I know some people don't believe in HIM and are skeptics . But I do and it works for me. Anger is something that controls you, it can eat you up and change you into an ugly person. Believe me I have been there , done that and have more than 1 t-shirt to show for those disgusting moments.

I can recall a recent event. It was sometime in May and I was going through my first break up ( which was complicated and very painful) I was angry. I was enraged and I spoilt my friend's confirmation because of that . What basically happened is : I was the camera lady for the day , but where I was sitting in the cathedral didn't allow me to take clear pictures of my friend on what should've been one of the best days of  her life. Two lovely older ladies tried to advice me to move to an area where I could get pictures of my friend and I carelessly snapped at them that  was fine where i was sitting and i didn't want to move. I didn't even stop and think that I was being extremely rude but a friend tried to correct me and I basically went H.A.M on her in a church! I had a hushed moment of telling her exactly where to go with her 'that was so rude moment'.Needless this was really a low point in my life. I am not proud of it. However I did apologise the next day to the two lovely ladies and I got the best gift  from them. One of the ladies talked to me about my anger, she knew things about me that I haven't told a soul and she prayed for me and blessed me with healing from GOD. Since that day I have started changing. A lot of positive things are happening in my life and I have definitely seen a different more positive side of myself I didn't know existed.

Long standing anger isn't worth holding onto . Especially if it is with another person. By holding onto your anger towards this person or people, you are allowing them to control your life while they forget about you and move on with theirs. A friend of mine told me the other day ' don't rent out your space in your mind to someone who doesn't matter, you're allowing them to reside in your mind rent free'. Anger leads to hate and hate leads to you being bitter and a person that people try to avoid. Forgiving the person who hurt you is the best medicine, because : a) you choose to let go of them and therefore forget about them and b) you learn so much about yourself and you expierence personal growth which is a beautiful thing.

My pastor once said in a sermon 'anger is like a rotten stinking shoe' lol at that one I know. But he was right. When your angry you will tend to walk around looking like you are in pain  (it's not like experiencing anger is sweet, it hurts!), and you will take it out on other people around you most likely the people closest to you. Anger leads to hate which leads to bitterness and stunted growth as an individual. You not only hurt yourself but those around you. You can be so  blinded that you will not realise the opportunity for positive changes in your life or personal growth.  Some people ( me included) dwell in situations that are negative and keep rehushing the bad things that have happened to them over and over again. I call it the 'oh woe is me' complex. Dwelling in that situation will not help you. I don't know what verbs , adjectives or nouns I could use to emphasize this point. All I can tell you as someone who formerly had this problem is that it will hold you back in progressing and reaching your full potential. You will be so busy dwelling in your moment that you will let life and all those good opportunities pass you by.

In summary :
  • Anger isn't worth it guys. Let it go and enjoy the rest of your life.
  •  And remeber that there is always someone out there whose situation is worse than yours.
  • Stop dwelling in your negative situation and start living your life
  • Forgive . Let go and let flow ( it works I promise you)
  • Be happy  there are people that love you. And even if you don't believe in HIM God does love you
  • And lastly if you really must dwell .Dwell in today not yesterday.
On that note. I would love to hear feedback from you guys. What are your thoughts on this

Love, peace and happiness

The new reinvented Tiwi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my work. I love hearing from you guys so please feel free to leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Followers