Saturday 12 May 2012

Pain


Pain forces maturity 
it makes you vulnerable, naked to yourself.
You can no longer hide behind that mask you put on for everybody
because you just have to face our self.
Pain can either break you or make you.
It makes you dysfunctional and tests the boundaries of your sanity.
It can consume you,
It can change form and state. 
hate, anger, loneliness, you name it.
It can be converted into energy. It makes you determined to do something.
Pain can be a driving force.
It can eat you up inside. It is like acid, eroding all the goodness to reveal the ugly unwholesome things we like to hide.
Pain brings about unwanted emotions.
Rejection.
I like to compare pain to a festering wound. Open to infections. You cannot cover it with 
a band aid, as it takes time to heal. 
Pain is all these things and more. 
Of late, pain you have been my inspiration,
my creativity
my companion.
Somehow you are always there, reminding me. You make me strong and weak.
Just like Love your friend, you are bittersweet.

Tiwi x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my work. I love hearing from you guys so please feel free to leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Followers