Thursday 14 March 2013

Hair Diary : the beginning

I recently saw a good friend of mine's hair diary on facebook.  It reminded me of one of my resoluitons for this year which was to ' document stuff about my hair' ( I'm just paraphrasing).

Background
So my last relaxer was on the 10th of April 2011. I can honestly say that I do not miss the creamy crack which never agreed with my hair. I always used to burn and my hair was just in a state of utter rubbishness. So after my failed romance with the creamy crack I decided to never relax my hair, I had no idea that there was a whole natural hair beauties movement. I didn't know how to take care of my natural hair or anything all I knew was that I didn't want to touch relaxer ever again. What further cemented my choice was the documentary 'Good hair' by Chris rock. I believe that I have already talked about this in my big chop post.

Now I tranisted from 2011 till 2012. My hair was completely natural when I decided to BC it. However I wanted a more even look so I still went ahead and cut it. This was on the 26th of January 2012

Don't mind the dandruff ( iz natural) my baby sis hates the before picture

The funny thing about my hair is I did not initially take care of it. I went through phases of trying to take care of it and then just giving up completely. So my first year as a natural was spent in hair ignorance  I believe my hair would have been longer if I remained consistent. But I didn't. Bad hair care along with bad hair styles ( pick and drop will never see my head oh).

So fast forward today and I am more interested in my hair. I know that it is not about the length but it is about how healthy my hair is. I have learnt so much from natural hair blogs and YouTube videos. I don't have a defined regime at the moment, I am currently in motion of trying different things on my hair. I have so many products and I am loving it. I also decided to start measuring how long my hair grows from this month because I honestly can't count the times before. I think I've ranted enough let me share a few pictures of phases my hair has gone through.




this is the most recent one, i think this was my first failed attempt at a twist out or was it a wash and go. 

Fav hairstyle
 

my haor at it's longest
 

afro
 

classic I cba with this hair  moment



first time I two strand twisted my hair . I loved the result


So these are the only hair styles I have tried with my hair. Pretty standard and boring but I will be trying out some new products and hair styles. I really want to learn how to flat twist. This is just the beginning as the title says.


Until next time loves.



9 comments:

  1. Great insight into natural hair. My favourite hairstyle would be the braids by the side to create a faux-hawk. That looked awesome on you...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) Hopefully I will keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the faux hawk style! You look great

    ~Sherine
    Confessions Of A City Girl / Check out my eyewear line Enerjiee

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair looks so full and healthy! i dig the natural look love

    much love from NYC

    http://www.dryycleanonly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the faux-hawk too. going natural was one of the best decisions i made.


    fikki xx

    http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will agree with you on that one :) I love my hair

      Delete
  6. yall make me want to go natural. gorg!

    www.beneathmybeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to read my work. I love hearing from you guys so please feel free to leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Followers