Wednesday 6 November 2013

Mr Philosopher


You are that Jill Scott song minus the part about loving me
I wouldn't say I loved you but I was in strong like.
You intrigued me with your words and thoughts.
Your mind was the main attraction.
On these long nights when sleep is aloof and my mind wonders.
I always remember you.
We could have been great together says my flesh.
But my spirit knows better. We would have destroyed each other.
Like Romeo and Juliet. Minus the Shakespearean drama.

I will always cherish the times we spent together, talking about life and exploring each others minds.

You were a moment in time mr. A microcosm of my brush with men.
From you I learn't the art of letting go. Not getting ahead of myself and dealing with my confused emotions. Boy did I get a run for my feelings. I realise now that you were a test... I learnt not to give away my heart so easily with you. You made me laugh so hard and you almost made me cry. If I still knew you I would say thank you .Even though I'm sure you wouldn't understand.
You could almost fade into the background for our meeting was but a brush of fate. 
We were both at  life's crossroad going through some things. 


Like I said before you remind me of the chords to the Jill Scott song ' He loves me' minus the love. Whenever I hear that song from now on wards it will remind me of you.


strong like
Tiwi x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read my work. I love hearing from you guys so please feel free to leave a comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lovely Followers